Coconut Butter Fudge Bars
We had our eyes on fudge bars this week on the mind, so we whipped up deeply satisfying, no-bake raw coconut butter fudge bars, recipe below! Almost as much of a treat as the warm Spring breeze
¾ cup nut of choice, we used sprouted @livingintentions cashews
½ cup medjool dates or ¾ cup dried mulberries
¼ coconut flakes
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
¾ cup coconut or cashew butter
¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon coconut oil
¼ cup raw honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Line a square pan with parchment paper.
2. Place all ingredients for the base in a food processor to blend until it starts to stir together when pressed. Place the base in the lined pan and press to fill. Freeze for 20 minutes.
3. Gently melt the ingredients for the filing in a small saucepan over low heat until fully incorporated.
4. Here is when you can add any natural food colouring, like turmeric powder or spriulina. You can do two smaller bowls of different colours if you’d like and make layers. If so, you have to freeze the first layer first then pour the second layer to freeze again.
5. Pour the filling over the base and place back in the freezer until the shell hardens. Cut into prefered portions and store in the freezer.