Flourless Spice Cake & A Book Giveaway!
I'm thrilled to share with you a giveaway that includes a copy of my new book, The Thirlby: A Field Guide to a Vibrant Mind, Body, & Soul. To enter, please sign up for our newsletter here & follow the entry form here.
There will be three lucky winners, who'll receive gifts including Herbivore Botanicals face mist, a Wonderlust 108 ticket, & more!
FLOURLESS SPICE CAKE
Paleo, Grain-free, Gluten-free, Refined sugar-free
*Please follow grams if you can as flour substitutes are finicky and measuring by the gram will provide more accuracy
For the cake*
1/2 cup nut butter
1 tablespoon Fourth & Heart ghee
3 eggs, room temperature, and preferably pasture-raised (we recommend Vital Farms)
1/2 avocado or 1 banana
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup cacao powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon chaga powder, optional
Directions for the Cake
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
2. In a medium-sized bowl, beat the eggs and coconut sugar with an electric hand blender until silky smooth.
3. Blend in the avocado or banana to incorporate well.
4. Add remaining ingredients except for the cacao powder and blend again. The batter will be thicker than the average cake batter consistency.
5. Pour the batter into a parchment-sheet lined loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when pierced. Let cool on a rack for 15 minutes before slicing & serving.